The NGX closed on a negative note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 20 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 43,199.27 points, to reflect a decline of 0.20% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 7.27%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N45.25 billion.
At the close of market today, Friday 19th of November 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.54 trillion from N22.59 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed negative as UNITY led 16 gainers, and 23 Losers were topped by ETERNA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 2,928.55 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- UNITY up +10.00% to close at
- N0.55REGALINS up +5.41% to close at N0.39
- VITAFOAM up +4.78% to close at N21.90
- FTNCOCOA up +4.76% to close at N0.44
- CHAMS up +4.76% to close at N0.22
NGX ASI Top losers
- ETERNA down –9.03%to close at N6.65
- NGXGROUP down –8.86% to close at N15.95
- LASACO down – 7.08% to close at N1.05
- UPDCREIT down – 6.67% to close at N5.60
- WEMABANK down –4.71% to close at N0.81
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- GTCO – 49,927,274 units
- FBNH – 18,410,460 units
- ACCESS – 17,487,331 units
- NB –7,629,901 units
- FIDELITY – 7,552,134 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- GTCO – N1,264,716,504.00
- NB – N390,551,795.70
- AIRTEL – N 361,971,118.40
- FBNH – N208,681,885.30
- ZENITHBANK – N180,973,027.20
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 16 gainers were surpassed by 23 losers.