The NGX closed on a negative note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 15 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 43,285.97 points, to reflect a decline of 0.15% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 7.49%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N33.36 billion.
At the close of market today, Thursday 18th November 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.59 trillion from N22.62 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed negative as VITAFOAM led 12 gainers, and 23 Losers were topped by CHAMS at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 3,015.25 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- VITAFOAM up +10.00% to close at N20.9
- ETRANZACT up +10.00% to close at N20.9
- ACADEMY up +9.09% to close at N0.36
- JAIZBANK up +6.45% to close at N0.66
- MANSARD up +6.33% to close at N2.35
NGX ASI Top losers
- CHAMS down –8.70%to close at N0.21
- REGALINS down –7.50% to close at N0.37
- UNITY down – 7.41% to close at N0.50
- FBNH down – 6.50% to close at N11.50
- ABCTRANS down –6.06% to close at N0.31
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- STERLING – 60,190,553 units
- ETRANZACT – 14,084,144 units
- TRANSCORP – 13,136,041 units
- GTCO –10,944,505 units
- JAIZBANK – 10,429,045 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- AIRTEL – N669,947,312.70
- NESTLE – N465,285,413.90
- GTCO – N 288,453,591.40
- DANGCEM – N146,530,542.90
- NB – N126,379,009.60
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 12 gainers were surpassed by 23 losers.